CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sending our love ...

As we are stuck here in the snow and ice ... 220 miles away Memaw is stuck in the snow and the ice in Louisville.

Memaw is Austin's mom's mom - Mary.

Memaw knew 4 yrs ago that there may be a lump on her lung. Well, on December 1st, we found out that that lump had grown 8 cm in 4 yrs (to 10cm) and it was now consuming most of her lung and pushing on her heart. She looked pretty darn good when we saw her for Christmas - all things considered!!!

I - of course - had my camera and was taking pics of Memaw with everyone. And then I snapped on of her and myself. Aren't we cute ;)



Today, Memaw is on morphine, coming in an out of conciousness and it seems the time we have left with Memaw is very limited. Just 2 weeks ago she was told that she may have 2-6 months ... it seems we're on the shorter end of that estimate.

After all of this bad weather ends, we plan to head to Louisville ... we'll surely be there by Saturday for Natalie's baby shower - FOR BABY ABIGAIL (yes, it's a GIRL)!

Today I'm wanting to send my love to Memaw ... Memaw is a truly amazing, wonderful, beautiful woman. I hope she knows just how much we love her ... just wanted to send our love. I do hope I get there in time to give her one last BIG hug. WE LOVE YOU MEMAW!

0 comments: